Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I setup my phone for the first time and enable Device Protection?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Set up your new phone with the setup wizard. Android's Device Protection feature will automatically be enabled on your Alcatel U5 when you add a Google account and set a screen lock.
Device Protection protects your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your phone is wiped, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use the phone.
- 1. Scroll to highlight the required language and touch GET STARTED.
- 2. If you ‘d like to transfer data from an old device, touch keep your apps & data and follow the on screen instructions. If youʼd like to set up as new, touch Set up as new.
- 3. Touch the required Wi-Fi network.
- 4. Enter the required password.
- 5. Once entered, touch CONNECT.
- 6. Wait while the phone checks for connections.
- 7. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, touch Email or phone.
Note: A Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 8. Enter your email address and then touch NEXT.
- 9. Enter your password and then touch NEXT.
- 10. Touch ACCEPT.
- 11. Checking info…. will be displayed briefly.
- 12. Review and select/deselect Google services. Touch v to scroll down.
- 13. Touch NEXT.
- 14. To set up a screen lock and enable Device Protection, Select the type of screen lock you want to use. In the following example a PIN will be used.
- 15. Enter your desired PIN, then touch >.
- 16. Confirm your PIN, then touch >.
- 17. Scroll down and touch the desired option, e.g., Set up later.
- 18. Touch SKIP.
- 19. Touch FINISH
- 20. Touch GOT IT to complete the set up process.
- 21. The home screen will be displayed.