Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How to set up my Apple iPhone 8 with iTunes
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Before you can use your Apple iPhone 8, you will need to activate it. If you have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can connect and activate over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, you will need a computer and iTunes.
If you donʼt have iTunes on your computer, youʼll need to download and install it. In this example, weʼve used iTunes v220.127.116.11.
Please note: the steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Apple iPhone 8 to complete the setup.
- 1. Touch Home to begin.
- 2. Touch the desired language.
- 3. Touch the desired country or region.
- 4. Touch Set Up Manually.
- 5. Touch Connect to iTunes.
- 6. Touch Continue.
- 7. Connect the Apple iPhone 8 to the computer using the USB cable. Launch iTunes if it doesnʼt launch automatically.
- 8. In iTunes, ensure Set up as new iPhone is selected and click Continue.
- 9. Click Get Started.
- 10. The Apple iPhone 8 has been activated and you can continue setup on the phone.
- 11. To set up Touch ID, touch Continue.
- 12. Lift and rest your finger on the Home button repeatedly. The fingerprint image will turn red as your fingerprint is captured.
- 13. Touch Continue.
- 14. Lift and rest the edge of your finger on the Home button repeatedly.
- 15. Touch Continue.
- 16. Enter a six-digit passcode.
- 17. Re-enter the passcode to confirm it.
- 18. Touch the desired option, e.g., Set Up as New iPhone.
- 19. Touch Agree.
- 20. Enter your Apple ID.
- 21. Touch Password.
- 22. Enter your password.
- 23. Touch Next.
- 24. Touch the desired option, e.g., Enable Location Services.
- 25. To set up Siri, touch Continue and follow the prompts on the phone.
- 26. Once Siri is set up, touch Continue.
- 27. Touch Continue.
- 28. Touch the desired option, e.g., Share with App Developers.
- 29. Touch Get Started.
- 30. Touch the Home button to choose the desired click feedback.
- 31. Touch Next.
- 32. Touch Choose a View.
- 33. Choose the desired view and touch Next.
- 34. Touch Get Started.