Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I perform a hard reset?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If your phone does not restore to its original condition, use a Hard Reset (Factory Reset) to initialize it.
If you perform a Hard Reset, all user applications, user data and DRM licenses will be
deleted. Please remember to backup any important data before performing a Hard Reset.
- 1. Before resetting your phone, turn if off and then on again. This may fix some issues, if your phone won't turn off, remove and then reinsert the battery.
- 2. If your phone doesn't turn back on, follow the steps below to perform a hard reset.
- 3. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- 4. Keeping the Volume down button held down, realease the Power button then immediately press and hold it again.
- 5. Release the Volume down and the Power button when the Factory data reset screen is displayed.
- 6. Press the Volume down button to scroll and highlight Yes.
- 7. Press the Power button to confirm.
- 8. Again, press the Volume down key to scroll and highlight Yes.
- 9. Press the Power button to confirm.
- 10. The phone will reset.
- 11. The LG logo will appear.
- 12. The LG K8 has been reset and the start up screen will appear.