Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I perform a hard reset when my Nokia 5 is unresponsive?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If your Nokia 5 becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
Warning: all of your data, downloaded apps and settings will be erased during the reset.
Before resetting your phone, turn it off and then on again. This may solve the problem. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to perform a hard reset.
- 1. The Nokia 5 must be plugged into the charger to be able to perform a hard reset.
- 2. Press and hold the Volume up, Power buttons until the Android logo appears on the screen.
- 3. The start-up screen will appear briefly, followed by the hard reset menu.
- 4. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- 5. Press the Power button.
- 6. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 9. Press the Power button.
- 10. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.