Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I setup my Nokia 8 using the setup wizard?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Nokia 8 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if itʼs lost or stolen. Even if your Nokia 8 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
- 1. When the phone is powered on for the first time and the SIM card has been inserted, the Language menu will appear.
Scroll to the desired language and touch LETʼS GO.
- 2. If you ‘d like to transfer data from an old device, touch keep your apps & data and follow the on screen instructions. If youʼd like to set up as new, touch Set up as new.
- 3. Touch the desired Wi-Fi network.
- 4. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
- 5. Touch Email or phone.
- 6. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, enter your Google account email address and touch NEXT.Note: a Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 7. Enter your Google account password and touch NEXT.
- 8. Touch I AGREE.
- 9. Wait while the phone checks for connections.
- 10. Touch ADD FINGERPRINT.
- 11. Touch SET UP SCREEN LOCK.
- 12. Touch the desired screen lock option (e.g., Set up Fingerprint + PIN).
- 13. Enter your desired PIN and touch CONTINUE.
- 14. Re-enter your PIN and touch OK.
- 15. Touch START.
- 16. Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor repeatedly until the scan is complete.
- 17. Touch DONE.
- 18. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Scroll down and touch AGREE.
- 19. Touch NEXT when you are ready to continue.
- 20. Touch YES,IʼM IN.
- 21. Touch GET STARTED.
- 22. Touch NEXT.
- 23. Touch ALL SET.
- 24. Touch LETʼS GO to complete the setup wizard.
- 25. The home screen will be displayed.