Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I setup my Samsung Galaxy S8 using the setup wizard?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your Samsung Galaxy S8 for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if itʼs lost or stolen. Even if your Samsung Galaxy S8 is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: the steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Samsung Galaxy S8 to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. When the phone is powered on for the first time and the SIM card has been inserted, the Language menu will appear.
Scroll to the desired language and touch START.
- 2. If Wi-Fi is off, touch the Wi-Fi slider to turn it on.
- 3. Touch the desired Wi-Fi network.
- 4. Enter the network password and touch CONNECT.
- 5. Touch NEXT.
- 6. Touch Agree to all.
- 7. Touch NEXT.
- 8. Wait while the phone checks for connections.
- 9. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, enter your Google account email address and touch NEXT.Note: a Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 10. Enter your Google account password and touch NEXT.
- 11. Touch ACCEPT.
- 12. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch the v arrow to scroll down the list.
- 13. Touch NEXT when you are ready to continue.
- 14. Touch Donʼt restore.
- 15. Touch the desired screen lock option (e.g., Set up Fingerprint Scanner) and touch NEXT.
- 16. Touch CONTINUE.
- 17. Touch the desired option (e.g., PIN).
- 18. Touch the desired option (e.g., Do not require) and touch CONTINUE.
- 19. Enter your desired PIN and touch CONTINUE.
- 20. Re-enter your PIN and touch OK.
- 21. Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor repeatedly until the scan is complete.
- 22. Touch CONTINUE.
- 23. Change the notification options if desired (e.g., touch Hide content) and touch DONE.
- 24. Touch NEXT.
- 25. Touch OK.
- 26. Scroll to and touch SKIP.
- 27. Touch SKIP.
- 28. Once more, touch SKIP.
- 29. Scroll to and touch FINISH to complete the setup wizard.
- 30. The home screen will be displayed.