Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I add a Google™ mail account?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Your Xperia™ device from Sony runs on the Android™ platform developed by Google™.
A range of Google™ applications and services is available on your device when you purchase it, for example, Gmail™, Google Maps™, YouTube™ and Google Play™, the online store for downloading Android™ applications.
To get the most out of these services, you need a Google™ account. For example, a Google™ account is mandatory if you want to:
• Download and install applications from Google Play™.
• Synchronise email, contacts and the calendar.
• Chat with friends using the Hangouts™ application.
• Synchronise your browsing history and bookmarks.
click here if you want to sign up to have a Google™ mail account.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Accounts.
- 4. Touch Add account.
- 5. Touch Google.
- 6. Touch Email or phone.
- 7. Enter your email address.
- 8. Touch NEXT.
- 9. Enter your password.
- 10. Touch NEXT.
- 11. Touch ACCEPT.
- 12. Checking info… will be displayed briefly while the phone checks settings.
- 13. Touch the Arrow icon.
- 14. Touch NEXT.
- 15. Your Google™ mail account is setup on your device.It is crucial that you remember your Google™ account username and password. In some situations, you may need to identify yourself for security reasons using your Google™ account.
If you fail to give your Google™ username and password in such situations, your device is locked. Also, if you have more than one Google™ account, make sure to enter the details for the relevant account.
For more information about Android™ and Google™ click here