Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How to change the email settings on my HTC One M9
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If you can't send or receive email on your HTC One M9, you might need to update the email server settings. Please contact your email provider to obtain the correct settings.
If you can't get the email server to connect, ensure the settings are correct and working on a home computer. Also, make sure you're connected to the Internet.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Mail.
- 3. Touch the Accounts icon.
- 4. Touch the account you want to edit.
- 5. Touch the Menu icon.
- 6. Touch Settings.
- 7. Touch Account settings.
- 8. The most common settings to change are the outgoing settings.
- 9. Scroll to and touch SMTP SERVER.
- 10. Edit the SMTP server name.
- 11. Scroll to and touch SERVER PORT.
- 12. Edit the port number.
- 13. Touch NEXT.
- 14. Touch FINISH.
- 15. The changes have been saved.
- This process is similar on most email accounts. The visible options you will be allowed to change are dependent on the account being edited (Gmail, Yahoo!, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, etc.).