Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How to perform a hard reset when my LG G5 is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If your LG G5 becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state. Please note that all of your data, downloaded apps and settings will be erased during the reset.
Before resetting your phone, turn it off and then on again. This may fix some issues. If your phone won't turn off, remove and then reinsert the battery.
If your phone doesn't turn back on, follow the steps below to perform a hard reset.
- 1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- 2. Keeping the Volume down button held down, release the Power button then immediately press and hold it again.
- 3. Release the Volume down and Power buttons when the Factory data reset screen appears.
- 4. Scroll to Yes by pressing the Volume down button.
- 5. Press the Power button.
- 6. Scroll to Yes by pressing the Volume down button.
- 7. Press the Power button.
- 8. The phone will now wipe all contents and reboot to the initial setup screen.