Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I update my phone software?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Stay in step with the beat – update your phone software and apps wirelessly to get new and enhanced features for your phone. Updating the software may also improve your phone performance.
Before starting the update, connect a charger or make sure the device battery has enough power.
Warning: If you install a software update, you cannot use the device, even to make emergency calls, until the installation is completed and the device is restarted.
- 1. To check if there is new software available for your phone, on the start screen, swipe left.
- 2. The apps menu will be displayed.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Settings.
- 4. Scroll to and touch Update & security.
- 5. Checking for updates… will appear.
- 6. If an update is available, the phone will automatically start downloading the update, this may take a few minutes.
If an update isn't available, touch Start, to return to the Home screen.
- 7. Preparing to install updates will be displayed this may also take a few minutes.
- 8. Once the install is complete, scroll to and touch Restart now.
- 9. The phone will now restart this may take a few minutes.