Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I perform a hard reset when the device is unresponsive?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Motorola Moto E becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state.
- When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
- Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
- 1. Before resetting your phone, turn it off and then on again. This may fix some issues. If your phone won't turn off, follow the steps below.
- 2. Press and hold the Volume Down button for 2-3 seconds then the Power button then realese.
- 3. Scroll and highlight RECOVERY MODE by pressing the Volume down button.
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
- 4. Press the Power button to select.
- 5. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
- 6. Press and hold Volume up and then press the Power button.
- 7. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset.
- 8. Press the Power button to select this option.
- 9. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Yes -- delete all user data.
- 10. Press the Power button to select this option.
- 11. The phone will now wipe all contents.
- 12. Press the Power button.
- 13. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence