Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I perform a software update?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Software updates will be sent to your phone automatically over-the-air as they become available. But you always have the option to update over a USB connection using Motorola Device Manager (MDM) too. You can use either method to check for updates.
- 1. Touch Applications.
- 2. Scroll and touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll and touch About phone.
- 4. Touch System updates.
- 5. Checking for available updates.
Please wait… will be briefly displayed.
- 6. If an update is available, follow the instructions on your phone to download and install it. Once updated, your phone will restart to complete the installation. Update will not affect your contacts, applications or data.
If an update isn't available, touch OK.