Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I disable Fingerprint Unlock?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Fingerprint Unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology. If you no longer want to use it, you can disable it by deleting all of the scanned fingerprints on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017). To protect your phone, make sure that another type of screen lock is set up (PIN, password, etc.).
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security.
- 4. Touch Fingerprints.
- 5. Enter your PIN/password/pattern.
- 6. Touch NEXT.
- 7. Touch EDIT.
- 8. Touch the name of the fingerprint you want to remove (e.g., Fingerprint 1).
- 9. Touch REMOVE.
- 10. Touch REMOVE.
- 11. If all fingerprints are removed, Fingerprint Unlock is automatically disabled.