Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I set up Fingerprint Unlock?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Fingerprint Unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology. It lets you unlock the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) using the fingerprint reader located in the Home button.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen and security.
- 4. Touch Fingerprints.
- 5. Touch the desired option (e.g., PIN).
- 6. Enter a PIN.
- 7. Touch CONTINUE.
- 8. Re-enter the PIN.
- 9. Touch OK.
- 10. Place your finger over the Home button to start the fingerprint scan.
- 11. Keep placing and lifting your finger on the Home button, following the instructions on the phone, until the scan is complete.
- 12. Change the notification options if desired (e.g., Hide content) and touch DONE.
- 13. Fingerprint Unlock has been set up.