Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I setup my Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) for the first time?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- 1. When the phone is powered on for the first time and the SIM card has been inserted, the Language menu will appear.
Touch the required language and touch START.
- 2. Setting up Wi-Fi menu will appear.
Touch the required Wi-Fi network.
- 3. Enter the required password.
- 4. Once entered, touch CONNECT.
- 5. Touch NEXT.
- 6. Read the Terms and Conditions and touch Agree to all.
- 7. Scroll to and touch NEXT.
- 8. Wait while the phone checks for connections.
- 9. Touch the desired option (e.g., No thanks) and touch NEXT.
- 10. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in touch Email or phone.Note: a Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 11. Enter your Google mail address and touch NEXT.
- 12. Enter your password and then touch NEXT.
- 13. Touch ACCEPT.
- 14. A list of options will appear and you can touch the sliders to enable or disable them. Touch the v arrow to scroll down.
- 15. Touch NEXT when you are ready to continue.
- 16. Touch the desired option (e.g., Not now).
- 17. It is recommended that you set a screen lock for device protection. Touch the desired option (e.g., Set up fingerprint) and touch NEXT.
- 18. Touch the desired screen lock type. In this example, a PIN will be used.
- 19. Touch the desired option and touch CONTINUE.
- 20. Enter your desired PIN and touch Done.
- 21. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it and then touch Done.
- 22. Place your finger over the Home button to start the fingerprint scan.
- 23. Keep placing and lifting your finger on the Home button, following the instructions on the phone, until the scan is complete.
- 24. The fingerprint scan is now complete.
- 25. Change the notification options if desired (e.g., Hide content) and touch DONE.
- 26. Touch NEXT.
- 27. Touch the desired option (e.g., Donʼt restore).
- 28. Sign in to your Samsung account or create a new one. To skip this step, touch the v arrow.
- 29. Touch SKIP.
- 30. Again, touch SKIP.
- 31. Change the options if desired. Touch the v arrow to scroll down.
- 32. Touch FINISH to complete the setup wizard.