Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I set up Fingerprint unlock?
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Fingerprint unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology instead of a PIN or password. It lets you unlock the Sony Xperia Z5 using the fingerprint reader located in the home button.
- 1. Touch Applications.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Scroll to and touch Security.
- 4. Touch Fingerprint Manager.
- 5. Touch GET STARTED.
- 6. You will be asked to create a backup PIN/password in case Fingerprint unlock can't unlock the phone. Touch the desired option (e.g., PIN).
- 7. Enter PIN.
- 8. Touch CONTINUE.
- 9. Re-enter the PIN to confirm it.
- 10. Touch OK.
- 11. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content).
- 12. Touch NEXT.
- 13. Touch GOT IT.
- 14. Place your finger or thumb over the power button to start the fingerprint recognition process.
- 15. Keep placing your finger or thumb on the home button to build up the pattern.
- 16. Touch DONE.
- 17. Fingerprint Unlock has been set up.
- 18. To unlock the Sony Xperia Z5 from standby mode, just place your finger or thumb on the home button and it will unlock.
Note: You will have a maximum of five attempts to unlock the Sony Xperia Z5 using your registered fingerprint before being asked to enter your backup PIN/password.